Marc Chrusch <[log in to unmask]> writes:

> Gambling destinations are almost always cheaper than other cities.

Yeah, but who wants to ski within an hour drive of Atlantic City, NJ? :-)

> A trick we've used (as SLC locals) is to book a return flight to Las Vegas
> that connects through SLC, then simply get off the plane in SLC. Obviously
> this works if you only have carry-on luggage and if the airline doesn't
> decide to reroute you through some other connecting city.

Do your skis fit under the seat in front of you? (Mine don't, 'ceptin' maybe
the Kneissl BigFoot.)

> A little difficult for a ski trip from the east, but on a business trip to
> Dallas, this ploy saved about $600.

And you get more frequent-flyer miles!

So, if you wear your boots onto the plane bound for LA, get off in the
rockies, all you have to do is beg/borrow/rent your snow-sliding toys where
you end up, but it may look a bit suspicious to the airline staff.

dana

_____________ ________ __
__(    Tele till you drop