I am hoping that the Secretary of State's Office and the Division of
Property Valuation and Review will weigh in on this, but if this is a gray
area as this handbook leads me to think it is, I would also like to hear
from other towns as to their practice.  My question pertains to a section
from "A Handbook on Property Tax Appeals" dated January 2001 (blue cover)
found on the top of page 24. It is section "M. Latecomers"  The first
sentence states "BCA members who do not hear the eveidence should not
participate in the decision."  and then it goes on to explain.  The last
sentence is "However, this law does not expressly apply to local boards and
commissions."  My question is if a member of the BCA did not attend the
first appeals meeting, then is s/he allowed to vote in the final decision
after reading the minutes and hearing the inspection committee report?  I
would appreciate anyone's insight on this.  Naomi, Vershire C/T