Hi Everyone,

On behalf of the CSSA I'd like to extend an invitation to come hear our
first speaker for the semester:

Speaker: Leslie Damon has graciously given in to our wheedling. =)
Time: THIS THURSDAY 10/18 at 7:00 pm
Place: we don't know yet but I will follow up, probably Kalkin
Topic: What profession in Computer Science does your personality suit you
for? (she has a neat title but I forgot it)

Leslie gave this talk last year & it was great: if you missed it or went
but forgot what she said I strongly encourage you to attend. She talks
about personality types and what personality traits might suit you to
certain aspects of jobs in computer science. Notably she makes a good
point that not everyone is well-suited to coding in a room alone, eating
pizza & quaffing caffeinated beverages -- and that there are (*gasp*)
other options. She promised us the notes to put online but didn't get to
it & thus her guilty conscience allows us to get a replay! :)

Of course we will have the requisite bribery of refreshments afterwards.

If you have any questions please email me: [log in to unmask]

I hope to see you all there!

-Caitlin '_still_ sick' Coughlin, cssa president.