I think MEDLIB-L is fine.  If there is another list, then you have another
list to sign off when on vacation, or you get messages "Is it working?  I
haven't gotten any messages since___."
Although we know we are supposed to be doing it all the time, I doubt than
even non-solos have adequate time to devote to marketing.  I don't think
there would be sufficient traffic.

At 04:42 PM 10/01/2001 -0400, [log in to unmask] wrote:
>Hello Elizabeth,
>
>The subject of marketing the library comes up on MEDLIB-L quite
frequently, and I think we all benefit by the discussions In addition,
there are valuable suggestions in the MEDLIB-L Archives.

>Frankly, I would hate to see the topic leave MEDLIB-L.
>
>Thoughts from other MEDLIB-L subscribers?
>
>Best,
>Valerie
>Coordinator, MEDLIB-L
>

>Valerie Rankow, Medical Librarian
>Brookhaven Memorial Hospital Medical Center
>Patchogue, NY 11772
>Tel. 631-654-7774   Fax 631-447-3723
>Work:       [log in to unmask]
>Personal:  [log in to unmask]

marketing listserv?  Second, is there a medical librarian marketing
listserv?  If there isn't one for medical librarians, I'm willing to host
one.  Please reply to me personally if you know of a marketing listserv, or
if you are interested in joining a medical librarians marketing listserv.

>Thanks,
>

>Elizabeth Smigielski,  M.S.L.S.
>Coordinator of Library Marketing
>Kornhauser Health Sciences Library
>University of Louisville
>Louisville, KY 40292
>502-852-0754
>FAX 502-852-5300

>http://mail2web.com/ .

Marilyn J. Roe, Library Director                [log in to unmask]
MedCentral Health System                        fax             419-526-8124
335 Glessner Avenue                             phone   419-526-8515
Mansfield, OH  44903-2265