>They can use the money ... but I have yet to pay anything into the Fee
>Demo Program (aside from campground fees, which they can nail you for
>avoiding).

They could use the money if it actually went towards trail maintenance and
improving facillities, but I have the understanding (and maybe I'm
completely wrong) that the money is just funneled back into the USFS
bureaucracy.  The USFS has been doing the fee program for about four years
and has just upped it for at least another two.  In that time I can't
remember seeing any new improvements at USFS sites, except for maybe a new
organic, composting shitter at Pinkham Notch.

Nick