Quoth Marc Chrusch <[log in to unmask]>:

|Adrenochrome wrote:
|>Sorry.  I have "issues" with the AMC.  Noble purpose and all that,
|but the
|>implementation...uh...er... nevermind.
|
|That wouldn't have anything to do with the attitude that they own the
|Whites and all the trails therein?

To while away the remaining snowless hours of 2001, I have to once
again recommend Waterman's "Forest and Crag."  Quite the definitive
volume on the history of VT, NH, and NY outdoors, with a strong focus
on winter activities and skiing.  The differences in USFS and AMC
philosophies, touched upon in the book, really became apparent once I
started hiking elsewhere!

-Matt
http://www.angio.net/~reagan/