> On Thu, 18 Oct 2001, Mann, Dave wrote:
> > Maybe the name Thunderstorm Junction was a tip-off?  =8^O
> >                ^^^^^^^^^^^^

Heh!  You must be one of those happy-go-lucky, glass-half-full
kind of guys!

The guy who hiked Great Gully with me last week-end was one
of the guys I hiked Whitney (Mountaineer's Route) with a few
years ago.  On top of Whitney there is a stone hut with a metal
roof and not long before we went up, some families had just
settled a court case against the USFS.  It would seem that
the USFS was negligent for not posting a clear enough warning
that sitting in a stone hut, with a metal roof on the highest
mountain around during a thunderstorm is a bad thing (tm).
Sure enough, some guys took selter in the hut and got fried
and the families sued.

You got to wonder....