Jerm wrote:
>  One of these days I want to try the East Face route, it's supposedly pretty
>simple (5.4), but the exposure sure looks wild!

Theoretically there is even a 5.2 way, *if* (big if) you're able to find
it. Seems that route finding is really tricky in more than one spot and
most parties encounter a few 5.7 stretches. There's some brief beta, a few
photos, and a couple of trip reports at:
http://naclassics.com/climbs/whitney/beta.htm

Pretty much all the info I have as I've only done Whitney once, via the
standard herd path.

-Marc