Gary Crofton <[log in to unmask]> writes:

> Ok - got my new Volkl Explosives on the way, and need some new bindings.
> Thinking either G3s, Hammerheads, or Superloops.  G3s run ~~ $150,
> Hammerheads ~~ $200, and 2000 edition Superloops ~ $ 60.  Thoughts guys?

Go with the 'Loops the Hammerhead can't be _that_ much better for skiing
powder! G3s are OK, but you can't dial in the heel-retention like you can on
the Raineys- they ski more-or-less like a beefed up aluminum binding. (It
will be interesting to compare the aluminum Hardwire to the G3- wouldn't be
surprised if the Hardwire outperforms it.)  While the HammerHeads are pretty
cool, and nearly "adustable on the fly", it's still a fairly new (and
complicated) design without mega-miles of testing on it.  $60 'Loops looks
like a lot of value for the money by comparison, and still a pretty good
binding.

BTW: I saw a couple webstores unloading them for ~$60 a few weeks ago, then
lost track of where that was. Got any URLs to share?

dana

_____________ ________ __
__(    Tele till you drop