Hello everyone,

I am in a bit of a rut. Helping one of my clients with a very intense lit
search this afternoon, I have not been able to find a previous indexing term
for "multicenter study" as a publication type. While searching the online MESH
search engine from the NLM site, I found that it was introduced in 1991. I do
not want to use the term "multicenter studies" as a MESH descriptor as
described by this page from the Indexing Principles fro Category E
(http://www.nlm.nih.gov/mesh/2K/indman/chapter_26.html#26.26.3), as they
produce articles about the concept of the type of study. I am only interested
in finding multicenter studies as a publication type prior to the term
introduced into indexing in 1991. I know they exist, but need some other
terms. The online and pring MESH does not give any previous terms.

I have tried to limit by searching for the term this way:
multicenter study [ti] or multicenter study [ab] and limiting by date

Is this the way to go??

Can anyone offer any suggestions for me?

Thanks,
Holly

Holly A. Harden
Liaison Librarian
Welch Medical Library
Johns Hopkins University

410.502.7570

"Anyone who has not made a mistake has not tried anything new"
--A.E.