Print

Print


On Mon, 22 Oct 2001 15:01:22 -0400, Geoff Devine <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>The NWS forecast for Rutland is:
>Thursday: Mostly cloudy with a chance of showers. High 55 to 60.
>Friday: Mostly cloudy with a chance of rain or snow showers. Low in the 30s
>and high in the 40s.
>Saturday: Partly cloudy with a chance of rain or snow showers. Low in the
>30s and high in the 40s.
>Sunday: Partly cloudy. Low 25 to 35 and high in the 40s.
>
>
>If you adjust the temps for 3200 feet and guess about humidity, a Monday
>KOD is certainly possible.  There's even an outside shot for a day or two
>earlier.  I think I need to haul my boat on Saturday morning.  Summer has
>ended.

Yeah..the NWS seems to up the temps in Rutland vs. other areas in Vermont,
but Killington is much different then Rutland and much higher up.  I would
look at the Stowe area NWS forecast for what higher up near Killington
might be.  On that note, I would think Temps will be in the mid to upper
30's up in the canyons of Killington during the day and even near 20 during
the night.  If it clears as expected by Saturday night, snowmaking should
be going hard.
The question is can they open more then 1 run with 2 days of snowmaking?

Scott

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
SkiVt-L is brought to you by the University of Vermont.

To unsubscribe, visit http://list.uvm.edu/archives/skivt-l.html