Quoth Dana:

|...naw- might hurt myself in the process! :-)

And you'd let that get in the way of a gear deal?

That dusty-grey plastic cover over the spring/DIN scale wouldn't take
much to crack.  Brittle as glass, I'd bet.

You know, I'm really curious about this.  I wonder if it was a *real*
lifetime deal like TNF used to do (and I hope still does), or just a
"product lifetime" deal (as defined by the company's current planned
obsolescence policy).  Time for a little research.

(I'm especially curious these days, with two other companies engaging
me in academic linguistic deconstruction of what "lifetime" and
"bumper-to-bumper" really mean)

-Matt
http://www.angio.net/~reagan/