Jay Pesci wrote:

> Any flat-footed listers out there?

Yes, no arches here at all, Golden or other. The over-the-counter arch
supports and extra-support street shoes have always caused me more pain
than relief. Never tried the custom orthotics. My feet get real crampy
early some days on the snow, but usually the discomfort goes away
quickly. It may be advisable for you to take up snowboarding as it is so
much easier on the bod than skiing and the soft boots may apply less
pressure to flat feet. :^-)

>     Toward the end of the ski day, however, I get some serious back/side
> pain which seems to be attributable to my flat-footedness.

Could it be who you're skiing with that's causing the back/side pain?

-Brunotanarchinsight