Matthew Reagan <[log in to unmask]> writes:

> But remember, the all-metal Tyrolias have the *lifetime* warranty!  No
> bullsh*t deal, too.  My first experience with this was on a 1987 trip
> to Stratton/Mt. Snow.  A guy in my group smashed his c.1980 Tyrolias
> with a poorly-executed Daffy (only smashed the bindings, somehow) on
> the first day of the 3-day weekend.  He took the beater gear to the
> Stratton ski shop, and two hours later had a brand new pair of shiny
> red 490's mounted up for merely the cost of the labor.  I bought my
> grey 490's the year before they went to plastic and ditched the
> lifetime guarantee.  Those 490's are still on my Atomic SLIII's, and I
> wonder if I should make a warranty claim...

I wonder what they would replace them with?  Those Cyber 9 FFs are pretty
sweet with that silicone rubber tractor-tread roller AFD. I was gonna drop
them on a buddies GS skis this fall. Gee, if I went rock skiin' on those
Dynosaur Course GS and managed to ding 'em up bad enough...

...naw- might hurt myself in the process! :-)

Good to know about that warranty though!

dana

_____________ ________ __
__(    Tele till you drop