> Last year, the SkiVT-L archives showed they started making snow
> on Saturday October 28 around noon and opened the next day (two
> trails).  Wow - less than one full day!  I figured they needed
> at least two days.  Is this normal?
They can open with one night of snowmaking.  But they need multiple nights of cold weather so they can stay open (the forecast is looking good for that).
In the past, if the first day is during the week, that day is free, but if they open on the weekend plan on paying $20-25 :-(
Keep an eye out for a boarder with either a black/green or blank/gray jacket; I should have plaid hanging from helmet (if I can find it)
Gil