Oh the never ending tales of Real32. Here is my 2 cents on the matter.

We converted our 252 running v5.2 on a 386 to v7.2 on a Pentium266. This Pentium266 came with a 20GB hard drive. We did the similar partitions etc with similar results you are having. There is a command in Real32, that I do not remember at this time (sorry), that you use to ID the hard disk. When I used this command the computer would boot 25 to 30% of the time. Since it was not stable I needed another solution so here is what I did to get Real32 and Isodat to load.

1. I purchased a small 3GB (in 1998, of course these may be hard to come by now) drive and partitioned it in half using MSDOS 6.22
2. Formatted both C and D using MSDOS 6.22 and loaded the MSDOS6.22.
3. Convinced all was ok I preceded with the installation of Real32 v7.5. Once this was completed Isodat was loaded.
4. This in itself is its own challenge as most who have done it know. Once Isodat was loaded and working I installed Win95.

Real 32 has a lot of limitations with respect to hardware and format styles as does Isodat. Some of these may have been overcome by more recent versions of Real32. You could visit the Real32 web site (http://www.imsltd.com/) and search there incompatibility list (a lengthy one the last time I checked). In addition, I am not sure but Win2000 requires a different format than Real32 and/or Isotat will except (e.g., FAT16 vs FAT32 vs NTFS). I went though this some time ago so I haven't tried it with Win98, ME, 2K, etc. Both the 252 running the Kiel and the Delta+ running an EA are set up this way and both are Pentium computers (200 and 266MHz w/ 3GB hard drives) . I am able to dual boot to either Isodat or Win95. I think you may find one of these things a source of your problem. In any event this worked for me.

Good luck,

Dave