Dear All,
                I am trying to setup a Gas Chromatography laboratory for
analysing dissolved CFCs(11,12 and 113) in natural waters using following
analyitical configuration.

Trace GC-2000/ ECD/purge and trap/Packed column/Ar-CH4 carrier
gas/Nitrogen stripping gas.

Separation column: 3m of 1/8" OD SS column packed with 80/100 mesh Porasil
C in a coil.

Precolum: 15 cm length of tube with same material in coil.

Preconcentration column:  20 cm length of 1/8"(O.D) SS tubing packed with
Porasil C -Porapak T and glass bids.

I WOULD BE OBLIDGED IF SOME ONE CAN GUIDE ME WHICH ARE THE READY MADE
COLUMNS best suited for this application and AVAILABLE IN MARKET FOR
SEPARATING cfcs (11,12 and 113). Also I would appreciate if you can share
your experience about purge and trap system of separating CFCs from water,
the precautions to be taken and improvised techniques in practice.

Regards

R.D.Deshpande

Scientist D
Oceanography & Climate Studies Area
Earth Sciences Division
Physical Research Laboratory
Navrangpura
Ahmedabad 380 009
INDIA

Phone : ++91-79-6302129 Ext. 4260/4262/4270
Fax   : ++91-79-6301502
Email : [log in to unmask]