Oliver-

About 3 months ago I had to replace the TPH060 Pfeiffer turbo on our MAT252
with a TPH062. Pfeiffer is no longer rebuilding the TPH060 and the TPH062
is there replacement/upgrade. Not being able to find a replacement in a
reasonable amount of time I went with the replacement from Pfeiffer. I had
to wait 2 wks for a rebuilt TPH062 which cost about $2900 US. According to
Pfeiffer there aren't too many options left without upgrading the turbo
controller. Perhaps it would be good to hear from anyone who has found a
way around this problem.

Cheers,

Dave

At 10:35 AM 11/9/2001 -0500, you wrote:
>Dear IRMS folks -
>
>We need a rebuilt or used Pfeiffer/Balzers turbomolecular pump, model
>062 (best), 060 (acceptable) or, if nothing else is available, a  050
>(050 no longer rebuildable).
>
>None of these are available, except 060 upgrades and 062 exchanges,
>from  Pfeiffer/Balzers. Any information about turbo suppliers or stuff
>you  may have on the shelf would be much appreciated. Also, Any
>information aboue converting dleta E IRMS to curent P-B (or
>other)turbopumps would also be aprpeciated.)
>
>Thanks in advance.
>
>O.
>
>OLIVER C. ZAFIRIOU
>Senior Scientist
>MS4, Fye Building
>Department of Marine Chemistry & Geochemistry
>Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution
>Woods Hole, MA  02543-1543
>USA
>  email: [log in to unmask]
>  Tel:   (508) 289-2342
>  Fax: (508) 457-2164

David A. Mucciarone
Stanford University
Dept. of Geological & Environmental Sciences
Building 320, Room 118
Stanford, CA 94305-2115
650-723-0817 (O) 650-725-2199 (F)
http://pangea.stanford.edu/isotope/dam/sil_home.html