Dear Richard,

In our lab, we are only dealing with collagen (bone and skin) from
living subjects.

However, I can help in as much by advising you to contact Tamsin
O'Connel at Oxford University (UK). She does a lot of work on
collagen from archaeological sources and will be able (and happy)
to answer your questions.

Tamsin O'Connell

Best wishes,

                          Wolfram

***********************************
Dr. W. Meier-Augenstein, CChem, MRSC
Senior Research Fellow

University of Dundee
School of Life Sciences
Division of Molecular Physiology
Old Medical School, Small's Wynd
DUNDEE  DD1 4HN

Tel.: +44-(0)1382-34/5124, /4574, /4968
Fax:  +44-(0)1382-34/5514

e-mail: [log in to unmask]

URL1: http://www.dundee.ac.uk/biocentre/SLSBDIV6wma.htm
URL2: http://www.dundee.ac.uk/anatphys/wma/meieraug.htm

NB Message is confidential and for recipient only: Unauthorized reading and copying
may result in legal action! Opinions expressed are those of the author and not the institution.
LEGAL NOTICE: Unless expressly stated otherwise, this message is confidential and
may be privileged.  It is intended for the addressee(s) only.  Access to this
e-mail by anyone else is unauthorized.  If you are not an addressee, any
disclosure or copying of the contents of this e-mail or any action taken (or not
taken) in reliance on it is unauthorized and may be unlawful. If you are not an
addressee, please inform the sender immediately.