Let me add that we are also developing student profiles in FMP, just as Bob
Owens has done.  We are already using our assessment databases to compare
cohorts, the effects of demographic factors, the results of different tests,
tracking the progress of an individual student, etc.  One the data is
entered, FileMaker Pro is a very powerful tool.  Our nurses have been using
it for several years now to track records in a way that Mac/WinSchool do not
allow.

I would not recommend anyone bothering to start developing in Access.  While
powerful, it is less adaptable than FileMaker Pro and limited to the Windows
platform.  FMP is multi-user out of the box, and you can also get FileMaker
Pro Server, which allows a true client/server operation.

I am quite willing to trade and share templates with folks.

Tommy Walz
Technology Coordinator
Barre Supervisory Union #61
Barre VT 05641