On 12/7/01 11:34 AM, "Bill Romond" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> To follow up on Gregg's comment.... ASAP Software holds the state contract.
> Schools can get substantial discounts on all Microsoft products, and many
> other software products.
>
> For information go to Contact Shela Naqvi at 800-307-4107 (Fax #:
> 847-465-3277; e-mail: [log in to unmask] or Bill Kluth at 301-941-1935 (Fax:
> 301-941-0488; e-mail: [log in to unmask])
>
> The information from the state is found at
> http://www.bgs.state.vt.us/pca/purcont2.htm
>
> Bill Romond

To add weight to ASAP, Stowe district purchased our McAfee (Network
Associates) network system virus software from ASAP, which saved the school
a huge amount of money. The network system virus protection has software for
servers as well as individual client machines. The added benefit is that the
server can be set up to retreive the newest virus DAT files and the clients
can be set up to look at the server on a set schedule to auto update the
virus software definition files. The server will also email any virus alerts
to the tech team, etc.

Norton Virus has a similar system. I would highly recommend either one of
the server setups.
Jon Scherbatskoy - PC Support Technologist

Stowe School District
Stowe, VT 05682
Stowe High/Middle School (802)-253-7218
          voice mail     (802)-253-7229 x 339
Stowe Elementary School  (802)-253-4154 x 231
http://www.stowe.k12.vt.us

"We did not inherit the land from our fathers,
We are borrowing it from our children."
Native American Saying