Bryan:

Just for information, we have some LC580 macs, 5260/100 Power Macs as well
as Imacs at Stowe. We are running appleworks 6.0 on our imacs, and so I
researched to find out what machines could be updated.

Appleworks 6.0 requires OS 8.1 and a min of 32 megs mem. (64+ is
recommended)

Macintosh LC580 can only handle OS 8.0

Macintosh 5200/75, Macintosh 5260/100 and /200 can handle os 9.0

Macintosh all-in-one G3 (beige) can handle os 10.0 or higher.

The highest free os from apple to download is os 7.5.3

I will probably upgrade my 5200 series and higher computers with more memory
and new OS, when I find the money.
Jon Scherbatskoy - PC Support Technologist

Stowe School District
Stowe, VT 05682
Stowe High/Middle School (802)-253-7218
          voice mail     (802)-253-7229 x 339
Stowe Elementary School  (802)-253-4154 x 231
http://www.stowe.k12.vt.us

"We did not inherit the land from our fathers,
We are borrowing it from our children."
Native American Saying