That's what I've found for the most part, esp at places like Breckenridge
and I've heard the same for Aspen and Vail.  You'll find quite a few more
people in the trees at places like Telluride, Arapahoe and Steamboat. For
the most part they do not get tracked near as much as at MRG.

From: Nick Malczyk <[log in to unmask]>

I've got a question for those of you who've skied out west before.  Do
people ski glades as aggressively out here as they do in Vermont?  At MRG or
Stowe you can pretty much count on all the glades getting tracked out a
couple hours after a storm.  Today I stumbled upon some glades at
Breckenridge and I was blown away by how few people I saw in the woods all
day.  I think I took about ten tree runs today and I saw a grand total of
four others in the woods all day.  On one of the glades, which I skied about
six or seven times after lunch, I was getting untracked powder on each run.
So is glade skiing mostly an eastern thing?  If so, westerners don't know
what they're missing.  So let's keep it that way.

Nick