This was a friend's response to the Epi-phat-ny letter (which I forwarded
to him).

--Matt K.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 04 Dec 2001 09:18:38 +0000
From: d.h. richmond, vt
To: matthew h. kulas <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: Epi-phat-ny

Matt,

        Ah, but how the phat have phailed to see the true meaning of life on
this earth.  Is it meant to be "transitioning effortlessly" in this
life?  No, I think not.  Only through struggle is enlightenment found.

  "The phats phlew through all of it, riding high (rarely did my
bindings disappear)," writes your phat phriend.  If our bindings fail to
disappear, how can we hope to be released, to be set phree, from the
pain and drudgery of this liphe?

        No, it is not as this.  We must have downs to have ups.  The phat of
the land do not realize this and are doomed to their stay in phalse
heaven.  Call the rest of us phrail, if you must, be remember that the
meek shall inherit the earth.  And until then, God says, "Rip on Real
Skis!"

d.h. richmond, vt