AREA FORECAST DISCUSSION

National Weather Service Taunton MA
1023 AM EST Fri Dec 7 2001
Sat Night (4th prd outlook) stmt going out ard 11AM (spsbox)
for a portion of sne
Temps this aftn 55-60, cooler tomorrow and wet bulbing/uvm
compensating Sat night. Melting on pvmt hinders acc but
potential exists for 4-8" snow event N and W MA and S NH,
basically MA Pike nwd with encroachement into hfd county.
Mixed pcpn zone S of that.

We/ve looked at 09z sref etc and 12z ngm/eta.

Positive tilt has us a little worried that bulk heavy qpf
will B in rain area but an outlook stmt for first
significant event of the season appears warranted.

Coord 930a-10a alb/gyx and NCEP and varying opinions of a
marginal wsw event.

Qpf shud arrive sooner than later. Starting our area 21z-23z
time frame Sat with usual SE bl inflow delays i 95 sewd.

Pls see NCEP hpc disc on convection and Olga remnants.

Marine: remaining sca for today dropped then stg sca/low grade
gale expected Sat night/Sun eve. Will define this aftn.

Lr: it should get very warm again for another day or two next
Fri-Sun Time frame but prospects seem to be increasing for
more active winter wx the following week as huge disparities
in solns and stg jet nearby just to our W.

Drag

 -