----- Original Message -----
From: "Tag Gross" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Thursday, December 27, 2001 2:54 PM
Subject: Re: [SKIVT-L] Moral Question

---------------Au contraire!  (See below)

> Look at this exchange:
>
> > Humor.  I'm not sure if you'll find it at Wal-Mart (you might - I just
> > avoid shopping there b/c it ruins towns),
> Just like snowboarders and the weekend masses of touron skiers ruin good
ski
> trails.      Jimski<<
>
> Sure it's supposed to be funny but it comes from an underlying attitude
that
> somehow there are certain skiers who are better and somehow more deserving
> than others.

---------------Ben appeared to understand where I was coming from and
replied accordingly.  Ben makes a statement--Wal-Mart ruins towns.  I
disagree.  At this point it really doesn't matter who is right.  I
personally feel that statement is a gross over generalization that may have
some merit in some cases but not all.  So I counter with an equally
ridiculous over generalization that is as ridiculous as his (in my view
point) regarding certain types of skiers and snowboarders. There are
probably those who think my statement is right on the money at its face
value. I don't know if Ben is one of them. What I probably should have
prefaced my comment with was something like----"Oh yeah, and I suppose you
want me to believe etc, etc,etc."  Perhaps then the meaning would have been
more obvious.  I certainly hope you don't think that I espouse your comment
on attitude.  On the contrary, I strongly advocate all riders/sliders rights
and I feel that some people do advocate the mentality or attitude that you
mention.  The only reason I feel that snowboarders should not be allowed on
MRG is because the owners say NO and simply that, not because they ruin the
skiing or can't handle it etc.  I have to be more careful  how I word
things, someone also accused me once of being a Redsox fan.  :-)

In closing Tag, you do need to get a sense of humor or at least not try to
twist what others are saying to support your own claims, position or
argument. (Not that any or that ever occurs otherwise on this list)  I'm
sorry for any confusion I may have caused you, I know you were hot in battle
on a very  important topic.  This is all Jerm's fault for digging Ben for
being a Yankee fan.  If it wasn't for that I would still be clicking
"delete,delete,delete."  C'est la vie.

Jimskiwentskiingtodayandmissedthebestpartofthisbattle