I have been all over the net and medline with little result.

Am looking for RECENT (last 2-3 years) of statistics on the number of impaired health professionals - physicians, nurses, dentists, pharmacists - and the number of those seeking treatment.  Statistics can be national, regional, state.

Any pointers to sources would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks.

Deborah Lawless
St. Vincents
Medical Library
1800 Barrs St.
Jacksonville, FL  32204
(904) 308-8165 voice
(904) 308-2976 fax

"I've chosen the work I want to do.
If I find no joy in it, then I'm only condemning
 myself to sixty years of torture.  And I can find
the joy only if I do my work in the best way possible to me."
Ayn Rand - The Fountainhead