Steven Kijak <[log in to unmask]> writes:

> When I was in Whistler I rented a tele setup, Crispi/K2. I remember
thinking
> that I was a lot better tele skier than I remembered. While in Canada I
> bought the CXP and have been skiing in them ever since.
>
> Thursday I switched back to my T1's and dropped a couple of notches in
> ability. Balance was off and control was decreased.
> I had not realized how much of my improvement was due to boots. I am now
> officially a Crispi lover. Thanks to Denis and Dana for the recommendation
> that led to the rental.

Yer welcome! It's amazing what life without rocker launch can do for you.
I'm still living with significant launch in my Veloces, but I'll probably
snag a pair of CXAs or CXPs this season when the sales start in earnest. The
CXP is a pretty big boot, but it's soft enough to tour in.  With a pair of
Thermoflexes you could lose a couple pounds out of them and increase warmth.

> Also liked the Work Stinx(118-88-105). It was a perfect day for them, 6"
of
> fresh. They ate it up. Even playing in the bumps they did surprisingly
well.

A whole six inches? They must be suffering a drought or something! :-)  It's
a lot of ski for snow that thin- I'd want to see how they handle in 2' of
fresh (or even 6'), where the contrast between a fatty and a mid-fat would
be much more pronounced.. I'm surprised that it works all that well as a
bump ski though- must be pretty soft, and wicked light for a fatty!

dana

_____________ ________ __
__( Tele till you drop