Jeremy Malczyk <[log in to unmask]> writes:

> http://www.bdel.com/backcountry/skins_standard.html
>
> Says ascension has a cotton backing. I bet they paint on something before
> they put the glue on. I wonder if that is really necessary... probably is
> more for water repellency than anything...
>
> Guess we'll all be on pins and needles till that sample gets here. She
> sent it priority on thurs so I would assume it shoudl get here by Tues or
> Weds?

Seems something of an engineering & manufacturing project at this point. It
may be worth buying  a roll (bet it'll be at the volume price, since they
don't have to cut it) and playing with it, if you've got the time.  Somehow
laminating fabrics togther with any kind of consistancy seems beyond my
personal experience.  It could be a bigger home-project than we counted on-
unless you have the time & space build a 2-meter x 15cm press and build 'em
one at a time.

I'll bet the big boys have a  roller press system, feed the pairs of stock
into it together with a measured-spray adhesive, maybe even a heat
process...

...but what do I know, I'm a mere 'lectrical engineer operating without a
license.

dana

_____________ ________ __
__( Tele till you drop