these questions are not critical,  but certainly something to keep in mind.

From: Garrett Schure <[log in to unmask]>

On Thu, 31 Jan 2002 10:30:23 -0500, Marc Guido wrote:

 >Can't help with the Peruvian, but I stayed at the Alta Lodge a couple of
weeks ago and found the whole experience delightful.  The whole concept of
the retro ski lodge is wonderful, complete with socialization at the dinner
table and next to the fire in the bar après-ski.  Dunno about prices - I
didn't pay for it.  Food was good, but didn't live up to its haute cuisine
reputation.  Room was spartan but comfortable.

Ditto about the Peruvian and it's delightful retro/rustic feel.

If you are on you own, $140 for a bunk in a dorm room might
seem like a lot, but it includes lift ticket, and what I thought
were excellent meals. You sign up in the morning for a 7 o'clock
dinner, say. You show up at your assigned time and sit down with
your group of six or eight, every one of whom will tell you they
come at least once a year, and always will. Conversation
will be good, and might even move on to more than skiing and
how lucky you feel to be there.

You can buy eniw for dinner: there's a *slight* hush-hushness,
so as not to offend the local sensibilities. Many people
arrive with a bottle of stuff for sipping while stewing themselves
in the heated outdoor pool.

Breakfasts are good, big, and hearty, too. If you are lucky, there
will be shelling of the avalanche chutes as you eat.