> I, too, don't think it's a big problem at this point.  With the
> frequent (and sometimes unavoidable) use by many at UVM of both our
> [log in to unmask] and [log in to unmask] addresses, restricting
> posting to the exact address we've signed up with can be annoying and
> can delay communication.
>
> And if we hadn't had that stray bit of nonsense last week, how many
> of us would've had the opportunity to use "vexatious" in a sentence?
>
> -Dean W.

I'm in favor of leaving the list open to postings from non-subscribed
addresses. But just as a point of info, I'm required to subscribe to several
closed lists. So I subscribe from both email addresses, and set one of them
to "nomail." I can then post from pine, webmail, or any desktop client.

Just FYI...

--Geoff