Have a House Finch outside my window at the moment singing away here at
Norwich.  About a dozen Robins have been hanging around since last week,
and a N. Cardinal has been singing vigorously.

This morning at home in Brookfield, two Downies were getting cozy, the male
displaying for the female who looked down on him with what appeared to be
curiousity, but she wasn't quite buying the routine.  She flew off and he
shot like a bullet right after her.  Maybe we'll have a family on the
grounds this spring!

PG

Paula A. Gills, Director, Learning Support Center
Norwich Univ., Northfield, VT 05663
 (802) 485-2132  e-mail gills@ norwich.edu

"We must go out and re-ally ourselves to nature every day.
  We must make root, send out some little fibre at least
  even every winter day."  Thoreau
"Hope is the thing with feathers that perches in the soul"
                                          Emily Dickinson