The wood duck was still at the Perkins Pier boat access docks today;
what a beauty, preening himself so all the details of his feathering
were  visible. At Shelburne Bay boat access later this afternnon still
no bald eagle; haven't seen him all week. Buffleheads, common
mergansers, geese were plentiful; in the reeds beside Harbor Rd. I
counted 16 red wings, and their calls and sounds were welcome. Earlier
in the day, on the Burlington Beltline where I've kept records of the
earliest sightings of redwings for some years, I only saw one redwing
and did not hear any singing.But a beautiful day and beautiful
birds.Nancy