to John Landon:
    I have tried to understand your position, as apparently have others on
this list.  I suggest that you put as much effort and humility into
communicating with us as we have in trying to make sense of your remarks.
One  memory most of us have of Stephen J's writings, which transcends our
views on his theories, is what a clear and concise writer and explainer he
was.  As sure as he was of his own positions he never insulted his readers.
I suggest that you have much to learn from the quality of his writings in
spite of your discrediting of his theories.
Respectfully yours
Herb Fox