Hello - I wanted to thank the many colleagues who responded to my inquiry re
suggestions for databases to search for business trends kinds of questions.
The overwhelming consensus was ABI/Inform.

And I particularly wanted to thank those people I was unable to thank
personally, who, anonymously, sent me articles on the topic.  Extremely
helpful and generous.

The article most on target is:

Shin / An analysis of line-stop strategy in just-in-time manufacturing

International Journal of Operations & Production Management, 1995, 15(9):
104-115

Susan

Susan L. Klawansky, Librarian                                  (206)
526-2098 (p)
Hospital Library CH-38                                               (206)
527-3838 (f)
Children's Hospital & Regional Medical Center           [log in to unmask]
4800 Sand Point Way NE
P.O Box 5371
Seattle, WA  98105