Hi, guys -- me again.  We will be meeting with architects, etc., for some
space planning brainstorming in a couple of weeks.  We are having a new
library built (!), and the architect's initial "rough draft" has some, umm,
issues.  One of them is, in a roughly 2500 sq ft space, seating for 96
people...armchairs, sofas, carrels, tables, etc.  I can give my own
anecdotal observations about what our users seem to like and what they
avoid, but I'd be interested in what your experiences have been.  I'm
already making noises about data lines / wireless capacity, etc., but what
do your people like to sit on? work at?  And how many seats is enough for a
400+ community non-teaching hospital? How many PC workstations should we
have (we currently have four, and I'd definitely add something...) Thanks!

Julie Stielstra MLS, Coordinator
Central DuPage Hospital Library
Winfield, IL