Would those of you who are providing any kind of instruction in EBM
please share what you are doing?  We at Tufts HSL have just finished a
10 week EBM pilot with 169 second year medical school students that was
integrated into the Physical Diagnosis course.  Each week students would
submit to their assigned librarian their research question (based on a
patient encounter), their literature search(es) and citation(s) in
support or otherwise of their question.  The librarians critiqued the
strategies and made suggestions for improvement.  The time frame for
this interaction was tight - students would see patients on a Wednesday;
submit citations and search strategies to their librarian by 8 am the
following Monday; librarians would provide feedback by Tuesday Noon and
students would present their findings to preceptors the next day.
As this pilot is now being evaluated I would like to hear from others
who are doing anything with EBM  - what is the library involvement with
EBM, are you integrated into the curriculum (if so which course?), what
works/doesn't work? what resources do you teach?  Any staffing issues?
Pretty much anything you are willing to share.  If there is interest I
will summarize for the list.  Thanks,  Kate
--
Kate Kelly, MLIS, AHIP
Head of Information Services