(Please do not reply to the sending address.  I'm using this e-mail
account to send to the listserv in an effort to avoid the perils of
rich text/html.)

Pikeville College School of Osteopathic Medicine seeks applications
for the position of Medical School Librarian.  The Medical School
Librarian works with a self-motivated, hard-working, 3.5 FTE
paraprofessional staff to provide primary service to 120 on-site
medical students and approximately 40 full-time, on-site
faculty/staff.  The PCSOM Library also provides supplementary library
services to 120 off-site medical students, over 800 preceptors
located in several states, family practice residents at several
locations, the Pikeville College community, and members of the
general public.  The Medical School Librarian directs all facets of
PCSOM Library operations, including reference service, bibliographic
instruction, collection development and evaluation, interlibrary
loan, and circulation service.  The successful applicant will also
assist with the undergraduate library’s collection development
efforts in his/her areas of interest and will participate in web site
development, library automation system administration, and campus-
wide instructional resource evaluation and long-range planning
efforts.  The PCSOM Library’s business hours include afternoons and
evenings on Sunday through Thursday and daytime hours on Friday and
Saturday.  Qualifications: M.L.S. or equivalent degree from an ALA-
accredited institution.  Health science library experience, a health
science background, or completion of applicable course work during
the master’s degree program is preferred.  New graduates are welcome
to apply.  Salary is commensurate with experience and
qualifications.  Send résumés by e-mail, mail or fax to: Lee Robbins,
Director, Allara Library, Pikeville College, Pikeville, KY  41501-
9118, e-mail: [log in to unmask], phone: 606-218-5606 or –5605, fax: 606-
218-5613.

I am the current Medical School Librarian and would be happy to speak
to anyone who has questions about the position.  I'll be attending
MLA (feel free to contact me there) and have some pre- and post-MLA
vacation so I'll be out of the office from the 16th - 29th of May.
I'm leaving PCSOM in mid-June.
Any inquiries made to either Lee or myself will be appreciated,

Cindy
Cindy Schmidt, M.D., M.L.S.
PCSOM Library
606-218-5159 phone