Here is the survey we've just sent out. I got many of the ideas by searching the Medlib-L archives.
Lucy Thomas

REEVES LIBRARY SURVEY - April 2002
Please complete and return to Reeves ASAP. Thank you for helping us help you!

USAGE - please circle choice
                1.      How often do you come into the library for any purpose, incl. meetings?
                a)      daily    b) weekly    c) monthly    d) a few times a year    e) rarely    f) never

                2.      How often do you access the library databases (Infotrac, OVID, MDConsult, etc.) from a location outside the library?
                a)      daily    b) weekly    c) monthly    d) a few times a year    e) rarely    f) never

                3.      How often do you request library information  by phone, FAX, e-mail, interoffice mail, etc.(i.e. in the café, hallway, parking lot) ?
                a)      daily    b) weekly    c) monthly    d) a few times a year    e) rarely    f) never

                4.      Did the Reeves Library appearance, services,  and/or staff affect your decision to come to Cottage?
                a)      definitely     b) somewhat    c) not at all

RESOURCES
Which are the most important resources/services of the library to you? Please circle (1= very important, 2=somewhat important, 3=not important)
Place to study, read  -  1        2        3
After hours access  - 1        2         3
Collection of books - 1        2         3
Collection of journals - 1       2        3
Meeting room, place to confer with colleagues - 1        2        3
Ambiance - comfortable furniture, peaceful space - 1        2        3
Computers on which to access information, create presentations, etc. - 1        2         3
Getting materials / articles not held in the library (Interlibrary Loan) - 1         2       3
Information / consultation services / expertise of the staff - 1        2       3
Other (please specify)_____________________________________(use back if necessary)

RECOMMENDATIONS
If I could change something about the present library, it would be  (check all that apply)
_____Longer day and/or weekend hours
_____Bigger collection - more books, journals, audio & video tapes
_____More electronic resources in the library (computers, software programs, scanners, etc.)
_____More or better remote access to electronic resources