Denis writes:

>What????????  I just got back from Bachelor and might have seen 2 dozen
>trees - tops.

Yeah, it's arguable that they've over-thinned their glades there! :-)

>Also there is no way in lleh that a western area can
>claim the best tree skiing in N. Am.  Where are the mixed forests of
>hardwoods & conifers?  Where are the ledges?  Where are the streambeds?
>Where are the places where you can disappear from your partner's view
in
>less than 20 feet?  Where is the gnarl?

Hmmm... I found a modicum of all of the above in tiny li'l Sunlight
(Glenwood Springs CO) this year on "not a trail" runs.  I've got the
faint facial scarring and not-so-faint base/edge scarring to prove it!
(Had a choice of skiing or hucking a 15' cliff to land back on the
trail- decided the skis could take the abuse better than I could.)
Maybe not the best, but pretty damned good tree skiing, very much New
England in character 'ceptin' for the untracked 18-24" of 3% fluffage!
I'd do it again!

Their actual trail runs are pretty good too, but can get bumped up and
skied out quickly.

dana

_____________ ________ __
__( Tele till you drop