Marc wrote:

> Like Tremblant, none of them have anything to do with skiing.
>So is Smuggs, so is MRG, but unlike Tremblant, these two have something to
do with skiing.

With no natural snow, water or snowmaking, I don't think MRG or Sugarbush
were the place to ski this season. I wouldn't have risked my hard earned
money on a trip up there. Now if I was going to stay in the US and go to
Northern Vermont then I would go for the real thing and ski Stowe. As far as
Tremblant goes, I think that the skiing there is fine. I'd never been before
and was quite surprised. We hit it with lots of Pow and there was quite a
bit of nice tree skiing. I'm not sure how you would actually Disneyfi the
skiing aspect of the mountain. I thought Leigh was referring to the
Intrawest Village. Personally I liked the village I thought it was well
done. It sure beats a dump like Vail. If by Disneyfi the skiing you mean
modern high speed lifts all over the mountain and an excellent snowmaking
system then well I guess Tremblant skiing is Disneyesque. If your speaking
about terrain then well OK Tremblant can't compete but then again that
doesn't have anything to do with family skiing. Trails like Expo give plenty
of challenge to 5-7 year olds. It was a very nice easy trip to a foreign
land which always excites kids.

> It's far and away among *the* most expensive options in Canada, and
without a doubt more expensive than anything else in Québec -- all of >which
provide a better ski (and, dare I say, "family") experience than Dis...
errr, than Tremblant.

Well it may be expensive in Canada and more expensive then other resorts in
Quebec, it still easily beats anything available in the US. In fact there
really is nothing comparable to the accomodations we had at Tremblant
available at most of the Eastern US resorts. The only thing that comes to
mind is Top Notch or maybe Trapp Family. So we had very good ski conditions,
Stayed at a fabulous hotel, ate good food and it was all very convenient.
Call it Disney. I call it easy and FUN!

But I am most curious exactly makes a better ski experience at the Bush or
MRG or elsewher in Quebec and what makes a better family experience at these
places as well. Please elaborate.