I have always thought that Mt. Washington had taken more lives than any
other North American mountain.  Somewhere there is a web page with the up
to date count.  I have seen it before but can't find it today.  Mt. Wash.
is of course not the most dangerous in terms of objective physical
hazards, but it is easily accessible to millions of people, most of whom
have no clue as to what the mountain can throw at them.  The last time I
checked it the Mt. Wash. death count was about 120.  Today, in reading all
the mt. Hood news, I saw that Hood has claimed 130 lives.  It is not
surprising, Hood is the most frequesntly climbed glaciated peak in N. Am.
Thousands of people do it every year.  Rainier must have claimed a fair
number.  Denali is up there too and rapidly rising as climbing numbers
increase.  It is the combination of real dangers and accessibility that
makes for a high death toll.  Anyhow, just curious; what is the order of
deadliness.