This may have been my wife Sherry whose job it was at Acadia to stop the
hikers and aid birdwatchers (not the most rewarding job, but someone had
to do it!)

-Larry

-------------------------------------
Larry Berrin
State Education Director
Audubon Vermont
(802) 434-3068

On Thu, 30 May 2002 23:10:48 -0400 Sherry Mahady <[log in to unmask]>
writes:
>This reminds me of a visit to Acadia Nat'l Park in Maine several years
>ago when the rangers wouldn't let people climb the best rock face in
>the park because Peregrines were nesting a few feet off the trail.
>There were some pretty ticked off climbers...and an equal number of
>delighted birders who stood at the base of the cliff watching the
>birds soar to and from the nest.
>
>Sherry Mahady
>

>On Wed, 29 May 2002 18:24:34 -0700, Nate Wallace-Gusakov
><[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>>Bristol, Randy Durand pointed out quite eloquently
>>that they are incredibly sensitive to human
>>disturbance, especially during nesting months (March
>>through mid-July). So, I just wanted to clarify that
>>when I saw the birds, I was in downtown Bristol
>>Village, not up around their site, nor do I recommend
>>that anyone try to find them.
>>
>>   Nate Wallace-Gusakov

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.