Was at Haystack MT (Pawlet, off Rt 30) this afternoon helping to confirm
the presence of peregrines and possible nesting with VT Fish and Wildlife
folk.   We did see definite flight activity of at least one bird, but no
notable behavior indicating a possible nest.  But I did also see a
LINCOLN's sparrow carrying food for young in the observation field.   I
just wonder how much this bird has been under my nose all the time and I
have just failed to ID it beyond,  LBJ.   Also INDIGO BUNTING (this seems
to be a good year for them), SCARLET TANAGER, CEDAR WAXWINGS, RAVENS, TVs,
WREN among birds of lesser  note!

Sorry for the late notice, but I am leading a trip up Stratton Mt. for
Bicknell's thrush on SUN, June 16 meeting at the gas station at the base of
the Stratton Mt access road at 5:30am.    We'll be walking up one of the
more 'moderate' ski trails - about an hour hike.  Email me direct if you
might want to join us.

Ruth

Stewarts
E. Dorset, VT