Six 'rain hikers' stormed Statton Mt at 6:45am on Sun to search for
Bicknell Thrush.   After trying to dry out and warm up a bit in the first
aid bldg at top (used by VINS researchers and thru hikers on LT), we
scouted the top area.  By 9 am we had heard birds calling and were lucky
enough to see at least 2 birds, both with leg bands.  Maybe that 'colony'
are all banded.  Perhaps we fared better because the weather was so
inclement.      I can provide directions if anyone is interested.

Other birds seen or heard:

accipiter hawk (sharpie?)
flicker
purple martin (one lone female at about 1/3 way up mt. hawking during lull
in weather)
bc chickadee
winter wren
robin