Dana, one way to prevent viruses from spreading is to use plain text when
sending messages, especially to newsgroups and maillists such as this.
These days, viruses and worms are spread usually in one of two ways:

1/ embedded invisibly in Rich Text (html) messages, which require  a virus
checker to catch (which it may or may not do).
2/ as an attachment to plain text (easier for us to see and delete without
opening)

Many people use Outlook Express, as Dana does, which has a default of Rich
Text for all messages.  Dana, your message was in Rich Text, the sort that
tends to pass on viruses and worms.  You can change the default by going
into preferences and changing the default to "plain text".  Another
advantage of using plain text is that messages transfer and download faster,
take up less bandwidth, and thus use fewer resources.

I think it is probably your responsibility to remove your address from this
list if you feel it is a problem.  I have never been infected on my home
machine, since it is my responsibility to ensure that it is protected.

Dayle Ann