Glad to say Indigo Buntings have returned to the Burlington Intervale.
Holly Hungerford and I saw one June 3.  My husband and I saw a male and
heard at least one other the evening of June 7. Also American Redstart
there June 7. Many Yellow Warblers serenading.  Haven't seen the
Black-Crowned Night Herons on their favorite pond in weeks.

Yesterday, I was at the Burlington Boathouse and noticed a female mallard
with one duckling paddling beside her. A woman there told me she'd seen
the mother with three ducklings just two days before.  I'm wondering what
hazards and predators are most likely to account for the loss.

Ann Curran