This must be the week that Ravens fledge...I have heard the bloodcurdling shrieks of starving baby ravens (it takes approximately 20 minutes for a young raven to decide he is starving to death, as I remember well from my years at VINS playing foster mother to a particularly hungry one) in Plymouth (all day long for three days; that pair had 2 young), Sherburne Marsh, and Prospect Rock in Johnson the last five days. Also have seen the young ravens pursuing their long-suffering parents while giving the same desperate "aaaarrkkkkk" call. Thank goodness teenagers eventually grow up and become independent!
Sally Laughlin
P O Box 157
Cambridge VT 05444