Worked on my warbler skills on Sat., with Sensais Rick and Dan Renaud, doing a dawn hike from the Brigham Hill Warbler Dojo in Essex down to Colchester Pond. We had a great outing with 40+ species and a great leap in my audio/visual warbler IDing. Some Highlights include:

Seen:

warblers:
YELLOWs
YELLOW RUMPEDs
COMMON YELLOWTHROAT
CHESTNUT SIDED
REDSTARTs
BLACK-THROATED GREENs
BLACK and WHITE
BLACK POLLs
OVEN BIRD

others:
SCARLET TANANGER
INDIGO BUNTING
BALITMORE ORIOLEs
LEAST FLYCATCHERs
EASTERN PEEWEEs
RED EYED VIREOs
PHOEBE
SHARP SHINNED HAWK displaying a mouse in soar
BOBOLINK
YELLOW BELLIED SAPSUCKER
EASTERN BLUEBIRD

heard:

VEERY
BLACK THROATED BLUE

Great outing and great birds, only problem was the blood letting at the hands of our friendly nieghborhood BFs and MOSQs. :)

Happy Birding all!! My thanks to Rick and Dan for elucidating the finer points of Warbler tracking.

Silas Miller
So. Burlington