Hello:

I found an immature MOURNING WARBLER along the Oak Creek Trail, SE of
Dorset Park (Swift x Spear Sts.) in South Burlington today, 7/19/02.  This
area is part of an interesting mixed woodland/wetland/grassland habitat;
trails will eventually connect with the future Vermont Community Botanical
Garden.  Other birds seen in this area today included Field Sparrow, Alder
Flycatcher, Roughed Grouse family, and many others.  This is also a great
place for butterflies, and today I saw 1 BALTIMORE CHECKERSPOT (!), plus
Cabbage White, Clouded Sulfer, Eastern Tailed Blue, Northern/Pearl
Crescent, Great Spangled Fritillary, Question Mark, Common Wood Nymph,
Eyed Brown, Little Wood-Satyr, Silver-spotted Skipper, European
Skipper, and Tawny-edged Skipper.

Scott

Scott W. Morrical, Ph.D.
Associate Professor of Biochemistry
Department of Biochemistry
University of Vermont College of Medicine
Burlington, VT  05405  U.S.A.
Telephone:  802-656-8260
E-mail:  <[log in to unmask]>